The main room seats up to 80 people or up to 100 people with minimal tables & seating.
The meeting room seats up to 14 people or up to 20 people with minimal tables & seating.
|Sunday to Thursday
|$60 per hour
|$30 per hour
|Friday or Saturday
|$80 per hour
|$40 per hour
*This is a flat fee and will not vary based on the number of hours booked for your function
All guests must depart at your function’s conclusion. Children are required to be supervised including on the green. As MBC is located within a residential community, we require courtesy and consideration to be extended to our neighbours and most particularly when exiting our premises after 10.30pm.
MBC does not usually provide the catering or wait staff for functions. We will consider requests to cater for your function at a negotiated fee per person. Wait staff cost of $10 per hour.
MBC’s kitchen facilities are available to you as part of any room and/or green hire.
MBC’s bar is available to you as part of any room and/or green hire and offers a standard range of drinks including soft drinks. MBC will consider requests to supply alcohol or soft drinks not usually available in the bar.
Our liquor licence does not allow BYO or takeaway sales of alcohol or soft drinks. The Bar has cash and card facilities.
Bar staff cost $10 per hour and MBC will determine the number required on the number of guests attending your function.
All bar service ceases 15 minutes prior to your function’s conclusion.
On Sundays the bar hours are 10am to 8pm although you may book a function to 10pm.
Green options between 10am to 8pm daily
The green may be hired for blocks of 2 hours for a minimum of 10 people and a maximum 80 people. Basic instruction and bowls are provided. Children must be supervised while on the green.
A $10 fee per person is payable Monday to Thursday. Friday, Saturday and Sunday the fee is $15 per person. On Tuesdays and Saturdays between September and March, the green is usually only available after 5.00pm.
BBQ available for self-catered functions
The BBQ may be hired for $25 per 2 hours. You are expected to clean the BBQ after use or an additional $25 cleaning fee will be charged.
Pre-booked bowls & BBQ function
MBC has a catered BBQ option of $15 per person available for a pre-booked bowls function that includes sausages, hamburgers and chicken skewers with two salads (green and coleslaw). The menu may be varied at your request on the understanding that the per person cost may be adjusted.
A 50% payment of the total cost is due 5 working days prior to your function date. A 50% payment of the cost of any specially purchased alcohol is due 5 working days prior to your function date. Outstanding monies must be paid in full at your function’s conclusion. Payment is cash or Electronic Funds Transfer to:
Murrumbeena Community Branch Bendigo Bank
BSB 633 000
Account No. 110589983
Please email remittance advice to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Murrumbeena Bowls Club Inc. is not required to register for GST.
We look forward to welcoming you & your guests to Murrumbeena Bowls Club
All enquiries & bookings via email email@example.com
Beer Stubby & Cider $7.00
Carlton Draught / Cascade Light / Pure Blonde / Victoria Bitter / Coopers Pale Ale / Corona / Crown Lager / Guinness / Stella Artois
Spirits & Mixer $9.00
Straight up $7.00
Brandy / Bourbon / Gin / Ouzo / Rum / Vodka / Whisky
Wine Glass $6.00
Red / White / Sparkling
Wine Glass Bottle $30.00
Red / White / Sparkling
Bundaberg Bottles $4.00
Ginger Beer / Lemon, Lime & Bitters
Coke & Pepsi cans $3.00
Soft Drinks cans $2.00
Requests to supply alcohol or soft drinks not usually available in the bar are considered. There is no BYO or takeaway sales of alcohol or soft drinks. The Bar is Cash only.
Conditions of Venue Hire
A person hiring the Murrumbeena Bowls Club Inc (MBC) premises including the green and surrounds agrees to:
- Take full responsibility for their invited guests and their behaviour including actions that may result in damage or harm to the premises or other persons or other invited guests or MBC members acting on behalf of MBC.
- Ensure the comfort and safety of their invited guests recognizing MBC reserves the right to remove any guests including guests where the number exceeds what was agreed.
- Provide a minimum of 48 hours’ notice for any request to vary agreed arrangements i.e. hours of hire, the hire purpose or the facilities hired recognizing MBC reserves the right to refuse a request.
- Advise MBC immediately they wish to cancel a function recognizing MBC reserves the right to retain all or part payment made including a payment made for specifically purchased alcohol.
- Pay outstanding monies at the function’s conclusion unless other payment arrangements have been agreed.
- Negotiate in advance any requests to decorate the premises recognizing MBC reserves the right to refuse if the means of attachment is reasonably expected to cause damage or harm.
- Supervise children while they are on the premises including the green and surrounds.
- Ensure no food or drink is taken on the green.
- Ensure all guests depart at your function’s conclusion.
Responsible alcohol policy
- MBC adheres to the Responsible Service of Alcohol and our Restricted Club licence requirements.
- Our liquor licence does not allow BYO or takeaway sales of alcohol or soft drinks.
- MBC reserves the right to refuse service where they believe this action is appropriate.
- Bar service ceases 15 minutes prior to a function’s conclusion.
- Alcohol may be consumed outside within the signed designated areas.
- Alcohol or soft drinks are not permitted on the green.
- Alcohol specifically purchased for a function that is not consumed is retained by MBC.